Calhoun Community College Admission 2024-2025
Calhoun Community College Admission Application 2024-2025
Your Ultimate Guide to Calhoun Community College Admissions 2024-2025: Key Steps and Tips:
If you are a freshman, transfer or transient student or an international applicant who wishes to apply to study at Calhoun college for the 2024 academic year must apply before the application deadline. The application for the spring term at Calhoun community college deadline is in December. Interested applicants are to gather all their application requirements documents and proceed to apply using the online application portal of the college.
If you’re considering Calhoun Community College for the 2024-2025 academic year, you’re on the right path towards an enriching educational experience. As the largest community college in Alabama, Calhoun offers a wide range of academic programs and extracurricular activities to help students excel. This article, will cover all you need to know about the admissions process, including application requirements, deadlines, and financial aid options, ensuring a seamless transition to your new academic journey.
At Calhoun Community College, they welcome high school graduates, GED recipients, transfers from other colleges and universities, former Calhoun students, and Non-Degree seeking students. Through its dual enrollment program eligible high school students may also enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes, either at the college campus or at the high school, to receive both high school and college credit
Calhoun Community College Application Deadline For Admission 2024-2025
Keep the following deadlines in mind to ensure your application is processed on time:
- Fall semester: August 1
- Spring semester: December 1
- Summer semester: May 1
Note: Late applications may still be considered, but course availability and financial aid options may be limited.
Read: Wallace Community College Application For Admission 2023-2024
Deadlines and Priority Dates For Calhoun Community College 2024:
February 1 (Deadline)
- Academic Scholarship Applications for the fall semester must be completed online and submitted to the Foundation Office. All applicants are required to have already submitted a processed FAFSA form in order to receive a scholarship.
April 1 (Priority Date)
- FAFSA must be received by the Federal Central Processor to qualify for financial assistance (SEOG, College Work-Study and Alabama State Grant) for the fall semester or the entire academic year.
April 17 (Priority Date)
- FAFSA submitted to the Federal Central Processor to qualify for financial assistance for the summer semester (if the student has not submitted a FAFSA for the current academic year).
- Financial aid recipients returning to Calhoun Community College for the fall semester should have on file a Student Aid Report and all additional information requested by the Office of Student Financial Services.
- Student Loan Entrance counselling sessions will begin for those students who have applied for a loan and plan to enrol for the fall semester.
Courses And Programs Offered At Calhoun Community College 2023
- Business & CIS
- General Studies
- Health Sciences
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Associate of Science Degree (AS)
- 2-year degree
- Transfer to a 4-year college after Calhoun
- Seamless transfer to 4-year college using STARS
- General Studies Degree
The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree is the award conferred on students who wish to transfer to an Alabama senior institution and pursue a Bachelor’s Degree (B.S. or B.A.) The Associate’s degree is comprised of five areas (Area I-V) intended to provide the student with a foundation of general education courses in Areas I-IV and more specific courses that provide a base in the pre-major area of study in Area V.
Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS)
- 2-year degree
- Go directly into the workforce after Calhoun
- Some classes transfer to a 4-year college
- Various specialized degrees
The Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree is the award conferred on students who wish to complete two years of education at the community college level and then enter the workforce. While many courses taken in an A.A.S. degree program will transfer to an Alabama senior institution, the degree is not designed as a transfer degree.
- Short term training
- Check with senior institutions for transfer-ability
- Specific occupational skills certificates
The certificate is the award conferred on students who wish to train or retrain in a specific field or skill and enter or re-enter the workplace with a new or more advanced skill set.
Calhoun Community College Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants applying for admission for 2024 at Calhoun Community College must provide the following documents:
- A valid driver’s license or instruction permit from another state or possession, dated 2000 or later, that shows lawful presence.
- Prior to the 1978 BIA, a U.S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) or tribal identification card with photo I-797 Form with expiration date and photo identification Voter Identification Card from a state that verifies lawful presence
- GED certificate with passing scores or official high school transcript with posted graduation date
- Transcripts from college (if applicable)
- Students who have achieved a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university are only required to submit from the degree-granting institution unless seeking a degree from Calhoun Community College.
- Alabama driver’s license or instruction permit that hasn’t expired
- Alabama identity card that hasn’t expired
- Passport from the United States that hasn’t expired
- Permanent Resident Card from the United States that hasn’t expired
- Pre-1997 Resident Alien Card
Also Read: False Bay College Second Semester Application 2023-2024
Calhoun Community College Application Process Admission 2024-2025
To apply for admission to Calhoun Community College, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Submit an application: Complete the online application form available on the Calhoun website.
- Provide proof of high school graduation or GED: Submit an official high school transcript or a copy of your GED certificate.
- Take placement tests: Depending on your program of study, you may be required to take placement tests in
- English and mathematics to determine your course placement.
- Verify your residency: Provide documentation to confirm your Alabama residency status.
Contact Details Of Calhoun Community College
Toll-Free in Alabama
- Mailing Address
P.O. Box 2216 Decatur, AL, 35609
- Decatur – (256) 306-2500
6250 Hwy. 31 North Tanner, AL, 35671
- Huntsville – (256) 890-4700
102 Wynn Dr NW Huntsville, AL, 35805
A transfer student who is not seeking a degree from Calhoun Community College and has earned an Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university is only required to submit an official transcript from the degree-granting institution. If a student with an Associate’s degree wishes to have the transcript evaluated for transfer credit, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities must be submitted to the Office of Admissions and Records prior to the evaluation. Visit the Official Website Of Calhoun Community College For More Details.
Other Related Links: