Alabama Southern Community College Admission 2023-2024
Alabama Southern Community College Application For Admission 2023-2024
Alabama Southern Community college welcomes high school graduates, GED recipients, transfer or transient students from other colleges and universities, and former SU students to apply for the 2023 admission. There are also opportunities for eligible high school students who meet SU admissions requirements to enrol in college classes concurrently with high school classes.
Southern Union State Community College, an open admission, public two-year college and member of the Alabama Community College System, provides quality and relevant teaching and learning in academic, technical, and health science programs that are affordable, accessible, equitable, and responsive to the diverse needs of our students, community, business, industry, and government.
Your application for general admission provides ASCC with the information they need to get you started. Once you’ve submitted your application, the admissions office must receive a copy of your driver’s license or other acceptable forms of identification, as well as your high school or GED transcript and any college transcripts.
Online Application Deadline For Summer 2023 At Alabama Southern Community College
- June 13 Last day to apply for Summer Semester Diploma and Pay Diploma Fee
- June 27 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
- June 6 M/W Classes Begin
- May 18 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
Alabama Southern Community College Application Deadline For Spring Admission 2023-2024
- January 7 Drop/Add Ends. Last Day for Late Registration, Course Change, or change to Audit; (January 7 – extended workday until 3 p.m.)
- January 5 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
- March 2 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
Download the Alabama Southern Community College Academic Calendar 2023
One-Year Suspension Appeals
Deadlines for one-year suspension appeals
All academic suspension appeals must be completed by the dates below:
- To be considered for readmission for the Spring 2023 Semester, the academic suspension appeals application and supporting documentation must be received by December 6, 2022.
- To be considered for readmission for the Summer 2023 Semester, the academic suspension appeals application and supporting documentation must be received by April 27, 2023.
Deadlines for Instate Residency
- Spring 2023 – 11-28-2022
- Summer 2023 – 05-04-2023
- Fall 2023 – TBA
Read: Wallace Community College Application For Admission 2023-2024
Courses And Programs Offered At Alabama Southern Community College 2023
Southern Union offers the following awards: Associate in Applied Science (AAS), Associate in Science (AS), Certificate (CER), CTE Short-Term Certificate (CTE), and Short-Term Certificate (ST).
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship
- Business Management and Entrepreneurship – Accounting
- Child Development
- Criminal Justice
- General Studies
- Information Systems
- Office Management and Support Technology
- Office Management and Support Technology – Medical Office Specialist
- Continuing Education
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Distance Education
- Program Inventory
- Workforce Solutions
- Health Sciences
- Technical Education
- Adult Education
Alabama Southern Community College Admission Requirements 2023-2024
Applicants applying for the Alabama Southern Community college for the 2023 academic year must provide the following documents:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card – Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I -797 Form with an expiration date
- A voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence
Alabama Southern Community College Application And Tuition Fee 2023-2024
Students registering during the late registration period must pay a $25 late fee.
- Students who increase their credit hours during the drop/add period will pay additional tuition and fees based on the credit hours added. Students who reduce their credit hours during the drop/add period will receive a tuition and fees refund for the credit hours dropped. The refund will be made at mid-term.
- After the end of the drop/add period, students who reduce their credit hours without withdrawing from the college will receive no tuition refund. Students may not drop classes to zero credit hours without withdrawing from college.
Download The Alabama Southern Community College Application And Tuition Fees 2023-2024
Alabama Southern Community College Application Procedure For Admission 2023-2024
Follow the process below to apply for Alabama Southern Community College for 2023:
- Submit an online application through our online portal.
- Submit a copy of your primary ID if you did not submit with your application.
- Submit a copy of your Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript.
- Submit copies of all Official College transcript(s). (Transfer students only!)
- Submit Dual Enrollment Form (High School students only!)
- Submit a Transient Permission Letter (Transient students only!)
Alabama Southern Community College Contact Details
- 750 Roberts Street
Wadley, AL 36276
- 301 Lake Condy Road
Opelika, AL 36801
- 321 Fob James Drive
Valley, AL 36854
Before you register for classes, please make sure you have completed your admissions application and have been admitted to Southern Union. If you have any further inquiries to make concerning how to apply to the Alabama Southern Community College for 2023, Visit the official website of ASCC.