Southern Union State Community College Admission 2023-2024
Southern Union State Community College Admission Application 2023-2024
Southern Union State Community College welcomes high school graduates, GED recipients, transfer or transient students from other colleges and universities, and former SU students to apply for the 2023-2024 academic year’s admission season. There are also opportunities for eligible high school students who meet SU admissions requirements to enrol in college classes concurrently with high school classes. The application deadline for the spring 2023 semester is in December therefore apply now.
SU State Community College is an open-admission institution, a public two-year college and a member of the Alabama Community College System. SU provides quality and relevant teaching and learning in academic, technical, and health science programs that are affordable, accessible, equitable, and responsive to the diverse needs of its students, community, business, industry, and government.
After Southern Union State Community College has received your applications, it goes through a review process by the admission board of the college after which the outcome or status will be sent to you via the mail you provided during the application process. Applicants should bare in mind that, all documents as required by the college be uploaded together with application forms. The College cannot process your application if you did not submit the admission requirements.
Your application for general admission provides the college with the information they need to get you started. Once you’ve submitted your application, the admissions office must receive a copy of your driver’s license or other acceptable forms of identification, as well as your high school or GED transcript and any college transcripts.
Southern Union State Community College Application For Admission Deadline 2023-2024
The below list is the application deadline for the various semesters at Southen Union State Community college:
Application deadline For Summer 2023
- May 18 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
- June 27 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
- June 6 M/W Classes Begin
- June 13 Last day to apply for Summer Semester Diploma and Pay Diploma Fee
- Spring 2023 – 11-28-2022
- Summer 2023 – 05-04-2023
- Fall 2023 – TBA
Application Deadline For Spring Semester 2023
- January 7 Drop/Add Ends. Last Day for Late Registration, Course Change, or change to Audit; (January 7 – extended workday until 3 p.m.)
- January 5 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
- March 2 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
One-Year Suspension Appeals Dates At Southern Union State Community College 2023
Deadlines for one-year suspension appeals
All academic suspension appeals must be completed by the dates below:
- To be considered for readmission for the Fall 2022 Semester, the academic suspension appeals application and supporting documentation must be received by August 1, 2023.
- To be considered for readmission for the Spring 2023 Semester, the academic suspension appeals application and supporting documentation must be received by December 6, 2022.
- To be considered for readmission for the Summer 2023 Semester, the academic suspension appeals application and supporting documentation must be received by April 27, 2023.
Courses And Programs Offered At The Southern Union State Community College
Southern Union State Community College as part of the Academic Division offers Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees. Students may also earn certificates in some curriculum areas. The Academic Division departments include Business, Child Development, Fine Arts, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Sciences. Below are other courses offered at the college:
- Health Sciences
- Technical Education
- Adult Education
- Continuing Education
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Distance Education
- Program Inventory
- Workforce Solutions
The Admissions Office of Southern Union State Community College must receive appropriate identification to complete the admission process. For admission, applicants must present one primary form of identification. Applicants should submit the identification in person. Applicants can also email a copy of their identification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card – Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyondU.S.
- Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I -797 Form with an expiration date
- A voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence
Southern Union State Community College Admission And Tuition Fee 2023-2024
- Students registering during the late registration period must pay a $25 late fee.
Students who increase their credit hours during the drop/add period will pay additional tuition and fees based on the credit hours added. Students who reduce their credit hours during the drop/add period will receive a tuition and fees refund for the credit hours dropped. The refund will be made at mid-term. After the end of the drop/add period, students who reduce their credit hours without withdrawing from the college will receive no tuition refund.
Southern Union State Community College Application For Admission 2023-2024
Below is the step to step guidelines to apply:
- Submit an online application through our online portal.
- Submit a copy of your primary ID if you did not submit it with your application.
- Submit a copy of your Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript.
- Submit copies of all Official College transcript(s). (Transfer students only!)
- Submit Dual Enrollment Form (High School students only!)
- Submit a Transient Permission Letter (Transient students only!)
- 750 Roberts Street
Wadley, AL 36276
- 301 Lake Condy Road
Opelika, AL 36801
- 321 Fob James Drive
Valley, AL 36854
As an International applicant, You must submit your International Student Application for Admission at least three (3) months prior to the beginning of the semester in which you hope to be admitted to the College in order to be issued an I-20. Thank you for your interest in Southern Union. Visit the official Website Of Southern Union State Community College For More Details.