Southern Union State Community College Application for Admission 2023-2024
Southern Union State Community College Application Deadline For Admission 2023-2024
Southern Union welcomes high school graduates, GED recipients, transfer or transient students from other colleges and universities, and former SU students. There are also opportunities for eligible high school students who meet SU admissions requirements to enroll in college classes concurrently with high school classes.
Each semester, the institution serves over 5,000 students from its Wadley, Valley, and Opelika campuses. Academic programs for transferability, technical programs for specialized professional abilities, and health sciences programs for specialized training in the health field are the three facets of its educational concentration.
Whether transferring, passing licensure exams, or finding work, our students achieve exceptional levels of accomplishment. Most importantly, you will be serviced by student-centred professors and staff at Southern Union who are here to help you with all aspects of your college experience.
Application deadline For Summer 2023
- May 18 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
- June 27 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
- June 6 M/W Classes Begin
- June 13 Last day to apply for Summer Semester Diploma and Pay Diploma Fee
Application Deadline For Spring Semester 2023
- January 7 Drop/Add Ends. Last Day for Late Registration, Course Change, or change to Audit; (January 7 – extended workday until 3 p.m.)
- January 5 Classes Begin – Mini Term 1
- March 2 Classes Begin – Mini Term 2
Courses And Programs Offered At Southern Union State Community College 2023
At Southern Union State Community College, the Academic Division offers Associate in Science (A.S.) and Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees. Students may also earn certificates in some curriculum areas. The Academic Division departments include Business, Child Development, Fine Arts, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Sciences.
- Health Sciences
- Technical Education
- Adult Education
- Continuing Education
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Distance Education
- Program Inventory
- Workforce Solutions
Southern Union State Community College Application Documents Needed For Admission 2023-2024
Applicants are expected to provide documents to authenticate their applications. Examples of primary forms of identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card – Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- S. Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
- I -797 Form with an expiration date
- A voter identification card from a state that verifies lawful presence
Southern Union State Community College Application Fees For Admission 2023-2024
Tuition/Fee Payments: Cash, checks, MasterCard/Visa/ Discover credit or debit cards and various forms of financial aid and scholarships are accepted as forms of tuition/fee payment. Students may pay online or in person with the cashier. Students must pay tuition and fees in full at the time of registration to ensure their names are placed on class rolls and to attend classes:
Note: Students registering during the late registration period must pay a $25 late fee.
How To Apply for SUACC Application for Admission 2023
Are you a first-year college student eager to begin working toward a degree? Congratulations on taking the first step toward a more promising future! We are honoured that you have picked Southern Union to assist you with your first steps.
High school grads, GED recipients, transfer or temporary students from other schools and institutions, and previous SU students are all welcome at Southern Union. Enrollment in college coursework concurrently with high school studies is also an option for eligible high school students who meet SU admissions standards.
Your general admission application gives us the information we need to get you started. After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll need to provide a copy of your driver’s license or another acceptable form of identification, as well as your high school or GED transcript and any college transcripts, to the admissions office.
Southern Union State Community College Application Procedure For Admission 2023-2024
Do you want to apply to Southern Union State Community College for the 2023-2024 academic year, below are the step-by-step procedures you can follow to apply:
- General Application. Using the link provided apply online! First-time users may create an account.
- Submit Official Proof of Identification. The Admissions Office must receive appropriate identification to complete the admission process. For admission, applicants must present one primary form of identification. Applicants should submit the identification in person. Applicants can also email a copy of their identification to email@example.com.
Note: You will receive your admission packet in the mail within a week or two after a successful application process, which will include your A number (student number) and student email address.
If you receive any notifications about your application, please check your student email. By entering your email address and password, you will be able to access your student email account. If you are having trouble accessing your student email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you are unable to log in to your account and providing your name, email address, phone number, and birthday.
- Submit a financial aid application.
- Fill out the FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Fill out an application for a scholarship by the deadline.
- Make an application for a student loan.
- Submit all required documents. To the Admissions Office, please submit the following official documents:
- Official high school transcript with graduation date or GED scores ACT or SAT scores if taken within the last three years
- If you received dual/accelerated college credit while in high school, you will need to submit official college transcripts.
- If necessary, take the Accuplacer placement test. To see if you require placement testing, go here. Speak with an academic advisor if you have any queries.
- Decide on a payment method for your tuition. The registration fee must be paid at the time of registration.
To apply for federal financial aid visit www.fafsa.ed.gov. Final approval for financial aid may take up to 6-8 weeks for processing once all documentation has been received by the school. Final processing of financial aid at Southern Union cannot occur until steps 1-5 have been completed. Be sure to check your student email in case additional information is needed from you to finalize financial aid processing.
Students who do not receive financial aid will be required to pay tuition at the time of registration. Payments can be made by credit or debit card through the mySUSCC portal. Choose the Student Tab > Student Account > Touchnet Bill+Payments, and log in using your “A” number and mySUSCC password. For detailed, step-by-step directions, check out this How to Pay Tuition and Fees PDF.
Students will be dropped for non-payment before classes begin for the semester. Tuition payments should be made prior to that date. For the Tuition & Fees Schedule and refund information, visit the Tuition & Fees page.
- Submit an online application through our online portal.
- Submit a copy of your primary ID if you did not submit with your application.
- Submit a copy of your Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript.
- Submit copies of all Official College transcript(s). (Transfer students only!)
- Submit Dual Enrollment Form (High School students only!)
- Submit Transient Permission Letter (Transient students only!)
For More Information about Southern Union State Community College Application for Admission 2022 contact the details below;
- 750 Roberts Street
- Wadley, AL 36276
- 301 Lake Condy Road
- Opelika, AL 36801
- 321 Fob James Drive
- Valley, AL 36854
Hope the information given above has provided you with the guide you needed to apply, if you have a suggestion, kindly leave it in the comments section of this post and it shall be attended to. For but the in-depth explanation, Visit the official website of Southern Union State Community College