University Of South Alabama Admission 2023-2024
University Of South Alabama Application For Admission 2023-2024
The University of South Alabama welcomes applications from all individuals whose preparations and abilities give them a reasonable chance of success in its programs for the 2023-2024 academic season. The University of South Alabama does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, colour, religion or national origin. These provisions also apply to disabled individuals pursuant to current federal and state regulations subject to reasonable standards of admission and employment.
All applicants applying for undergraduate courses at the University of South Alabama must apply and provide the required official documents not later than July 15 for the fall semester, December 1 for the spring semester, and May 1 for the summer semester. Deadlines for applications and supporting documents for international students are earlier than the deadlines for U.S. Citizens.
Students applying for admission to the University of South Alabama are required to file an application for admission with the $35 nonrefundable processing fee (paper fee $45) by the deadlines noted. The applicant is responsible for making certain that the admission application, processing fee, and all required documents are received by the University by the appropriate deadline.
University Of South Alabama Application Deadline For Admission 2023-2024
Applicants must be certain of the semester they are applying for and mindful of the application deadlines. Below is the application deadline for the various semesters of Alabama South University for the 2023-2024 academic:
- Fall (August)- July 15
- Spring (January)-December 1
- Summer (June)- May 1
Courses Offered At The University Of South Alabama
- Accounting, BSBA
- Accounting, Minor
- Advertising and Public Relations, BA
- Advertising and Public Relations, Minor
- African American Studies, Minor
- Air Force Studies, Minor
- Anthropology, BA
- Anthropology, Minor
- Applied Linguistics, Minor
- Applied Statistics, Minor
- Art History, Minor
- Biology, BS
- Biology, Minor
- Biology – Environmental Science Concentration, BS
- Biology – Marine Biology Concentration, BS
- Biology – Senior Thesis Concentration, BS
- Biomedical Sciences, BS
- Biomedical Sciences, Minor
- Chemical Engineering, BS
- Chemistry, Minor
University Of South Alabama Admission 2023-2024
- Students with high school GPAs of 3.4 or better will be automatically admitted to Alabama South University.
- Students with GPAs below 3.4 will enter a review process for admission. These students could be asked to supply additional materials.
- Students who choose the test-optional track will also be eligible for scholarships. Scholarships for test-optional students will be awarded based on strength of the curriculum, grades, and a variety of other factors.
- Alabama South University recommend that students with ACT 21 or better and/or SAT 1060 or better submit their scores.
- Official high school transcript reflecting a minimum 2.50 GPA
- Official ACT or SAT scores: a minimum ACT super score of 19 OR a minimum SAT (critical reading + math only) score of 900 (if taken prior to March 2016) OR a minimum SAT (Evidence-based reading and writing + math only) score of 990 (if taken March 2016 or after)
- These standards are general requirements. All students with strong academic records are encouraged to apply for admission.
Required Academic Core Courses:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of social science
- 3 years of Math- Must include Algebra I and two higher level math courses (for example Algebra II, Algebra w/ Finance, Algebraic Connections, Geometry,
- Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Pre-Calculus, or other higher-level math courses will be considered)
- 3 years of science (At least two of the sciences must include labs)
- 3 years of advanced electives (Courses chosen from any of the four core areas above and may include foreign language)
GED First Time Freshmen applicants sat for the high school level General Education Development (GED) test and did not graduate from high school. Applicants must be at least 17 years of age.
- Required Official Documents: Official GED scores.
- Academic Requirements: Students taking the test prior to January 2014, must score an average of at least 500 or 50, if taken before January 2002. Students taking the GED beginning in January 2014 must score at least 170 in each subject area.
Special Freshmen Requirements
Special Freshmen applicants have graduated from high school five or more years ago or have reached the age of 23.
- Required Official Documents: Official high school transcript
University Of South Alabama Application And Tuition Fee 2023-2024
The basic fees are required each semester for all students enrolled at the University. Personal expenses including books, supplies, and other living expenses vary, therefore the university does not estimate those costs. The University reserves the right to change fees, as deemed necessary by the University Board of Trustees, without prior notice:
12 or more hours…$100
6 or more hours…$100
Registration Fee (non-refundable)
0-14 hours (undergraduate)..…$150
University Of South Alabama Application Procedures For Admission 2023-2024
Follow the guidelines below to apply:
- Visit the official application web portal of Alabama South University.
- Create an account and keep the password you generated.
- Fill out the application form with all the relevant documentation.
- Submit the application by clicking on submit
- You can also use The Common Application to apply.
- Print out the application form, fill it out and submit it to USA Office of Admissions 2500 Meisler Hall 390 Student Center Circle Mobile, AL 36688-000
CONTACT THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA
- (251) 460-6101
- MOBILE, ALABAMA 36688
- Privacy Statement | Contact USA
- © 2022 University of South Alabama
Office of Prospective Student Programs & New Student Orientation:
- Mobile Townhouse
- 5910 USA South Drive
- Mobile, AL 36688-00002
- Ph: (251) 341-3951
First Time Freshmen must submit an official high school transcript showing grades earned and courses pursued. (A final official high school transcript showing the date of graduation is required for those who apply before the end of their senior year.) In addition, First-Time Freshmen applicants must submit official college entrance examination scores-either the result of the ACT or the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT). Visist the official Website of Alabama South University For More Details