The University of Alabama Application for Admission 2023-2024
The University of Alabama Application Requirements for Admission 2023-2024
The University of Alabama is currently accepting applications from freshmen(new applicants) and transfer students who are applying for admission with them. The 2023-2024 academic year is open to all no matter your race, colour, ethnicity, or financial background. The open date for registration at UAB for Degree-seeking graduate and undergraduate students and Non-degree-seeking graduate students is from April 17-August 20
University of Alabama will not require standardized ACT or SAT scores from students applying through the Fall 2023 Semester. Admission consideration for freshmen entering through the Fall 2023 Semester will be based on a holistic review. Holistic admissions at UA includes both academic and non-academic criteria.
Academic components considered include high school GPA, performance in core subjects, academic honours and standardized test scores, should a student elect to submit them. Non-academic items include leadership experience, volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, employment and non-academic honours. All students must complete the minimum unit requirements.
Colleges and Schools;
- Arts and Sciences
- Capstone College of Nursing
- Communication & Information Sciences
- Community Health Sciences
- Continuing Studies
- Culverhouse College of Business
- Graduate School
- Honors College
- Human Environmental Sciences
- School of Law
- Social Work
The University of Alabama Application Process For Admission 2023-2024
Before you begin your application, keep the following points in mind:
- The scholarship application will be included in the admissions application at UA.
- To be considered for competitive scholarships, submit your application and valid transcripts by January 15.
- The non-refundable $40 application fee must be paid using a credit or debit card.
- The UA Application will prompt you to create a log-in.
- You will not be able to make changes to your application once it has been submitted.
- You can check the status of your application online at any time.
- It is necessary to provide a valid email address.
- This email address will be used to send secure information about your application.
- If you lose your login or PIN, this information will be sent to the email address you provided in your application.
Students applying through the Fall 2023 semester will not be required to submit standardized ACT or SAT scores.
- Admissions decisions for freshmen starting in the Fall of 2023 will be based on a comprehensive evaluation.
- The University of Alabama’s holistic admissions process considers both academic and non-academic factors.
- GPA in high school, achievement in key areas, academic awards, and standardized test scores, if a student chooses to submit them, are all taken into account.
- Leadership experience, volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, employment, and non-academic awards are examples of non-academic elements.
All students must complete the minimum unit requirements.
Minimum Unit Requirements
|Number of Units
|4 units, including world history or a comparable course. A second foreign language will satisfy one of the four required units.
|3 units, including algebra I, algebra II, AND 1 unit of either geometry, trigonometry OR calculus.
|3 units, including two courses with lab components.
|1 unit, If a foreign language is not a graduation requirement or there is not a foreign language program in your school system, we will accept courses that reflect an enhanced understanding of global and cultural perspectives.
|Other Academic Courses
|5 units, we recommend courses in fine arts or computer literacy, with additional courses in mathematics, natural sciences and foreign language.
The University of Alabama Application Requirements for Admission For Transfer Students 2023-2024
- GPA of 2.0 in college
- 24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours are transferrable (excludes technical, remedial and vocational courses.)
- Additional high school records, such as a high school transcript and ACT/SAT score, will be required if you are already a freshman or have fewer than the requisite transferrable hours.
- The University of Alabama will not need standardized ACT or SAT results from students applying for the spring, Summer, or Fall 2022 semesters due to limited testing opportunities across the United States.
- The presence of a score will not provide students applying for admission with an unjustified advantage or disadvantage.
The University of Alabama Application Requirements For Transient Students 2023
- Transient (visiting) student admission might be granted for any semester.
- It is necessary to follow standard application techniques.
- An official declaration of good standing from the most recent institution attended may be used to provide approval.
- Only one term of transient status may be granted.
The University of Alabama reserves the right to prohibit admission or re-enrollment of applicants and former students who it thinks to pose a safety risk to University students, employees, or property, or to impose conditions on admission or re-enrollment.
Applicants have seven business days from the date the notice was received to appeal any such decision to the Undergraduate Admissions Advisory Committee.
You may be ineligible for admission to or continuance at the University if you withhold or give fraudulent information.
As a result, you guarantee that this information is accurate, correct, and complete by submitting it.
Furthermore, by submitting this application, you confirm that you are of legal age to work in the United States,you give permission for the University to obtain additional information from others pertinent to your record prior to attending the University.
The University of Alabama Application for Admission 2023-2024
The University of Alabama’s Student Financial Aid Office provides extensive information and assistance about funding options for students.
- The university understands that financial aid is critical to achieving your educational and career objectives.
- The financial assistance office is committed to making the financial aid application process as simple as feasible.
- Financial Aid Advisors are ready to discuss your choices with you.
- Federal help – grants, loans, work-study, and information about student employment – are all available through our office.
- Please do not hesitate to contact us or visit our office in the 106 Student Services Center at any time.
- Our working hours are as follows:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. We look forward to working with you during your tenure at the Capstone!
The University of Alabama Application Requirements
Submit your 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Help (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2023, using your 2022 income information to qualify for federal financial aid such as work-study, grants, and loans. The deadline for UA is December 1, 2022. Use school code 001051 and your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID to sign the FAFSA. You’ll get priority consideration for financial aid if you submit your FAFSA early, and you’ll have more time to make informed financial decisions.
Contact The University of Alabama Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- 203 Student Services Center
- Box 870132
- Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0132
Feel free to contact us or stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Student Services Center in Suite 203. Our office hours and phone numbers are listed below.
- Hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (M – F)
- Local 205-348-5666
- Toll-Free 1-800-933-2262
- Fax 205-348-9046
At the University of Alabama, they believe information is power. That’s why they welcome the opportunity to answer any and all of your University of Alabama-related questions. Hope The information given above has been helpful to you, you can get back to us by leaving your suggestions in the comments section. You can also visit the official website of the University of Alabama for more details.