Thekwini TVET Nsfas Application 2024-2025
Thekwini TVET Nsfas Funds Application 2024-2025
Sailling the Thekwini TVET College NSFAS Application for 2024-2025:
- Thekwini TVET College Nsfas Application Open Date: Thekwini College students must apply for Nsfas on the 28th of September 2023 for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Thekwini TVET College Nsfas Application Deadline: The Nsfas online application deadline for Thekwini Tvet College students is on the 7th of January 2024.
- Thekwini Tvet College Nsfas Deadline Extension 2024: The online Nsfas application deadline may be extended from the 7th of January to the 31st of January 2024, but it will be very necessary to apply on time to avoid disappointment.
Decoding the NSFAS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government initiative in South Africa, aimed at providing financial support to students from disadvantaged backgrounds. By covering expenses such as tuition, accommodation, and other educational necessities, NSFAS ensures that more students have access to higher education.
An Overview Of Thekwini TVET College
Thekwini TVET College is a prestigious institution in South Africa, offering a broad spectrum of technical and vocational education and training (TVET) programs. With a strong focus on practical skills, the college prepares students for diverse fields such as engineering, business management, and tourism.
Who Is Eligible To Apply For Nsfas At Thekwini Tvet College 2024-2025
The Nsfas is regulated by the Department of Higher Education and Training of South Africa, therefore the bursary can be applied to the below-listed categories of persons:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
To apply for the NSFAS bursary, the following documents are needed for NSFAS Application;
- Original copies of Identity Documents/Birth Certificate
- Original Academic Results Latest
- Proof of parent’s income (If parent/s employed)
- Death Certificate/s (If parent/s deceased)
- Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled)
What Does Nsfas Funds Cover For Thekwini Tvet College Students In 2024-2025
Funds are indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport, and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. The following is what the bursary pays for Thekwini students:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Thekwini TVET College Online Nsfas Funds Application 2024-2025
The below process will guide you in applying for the 2024 Nsfas bursary:
- Create your myNSFAS account: Visit the NSFAS official website to set up your myNSFAS account. This account is your gateway to the application process.
- Fill out the application form: Log in to your myNSFAS account and complete the application form, ensuring all the information provided is accurate and honest.
- Upload required documents: You’ll need to submit several documents, such as your ID, your parents’ or guardians’ IDs, proof of income, and your academic results.
- Submit your application: Once you’ve filled out the form and uploaded the necessary documents, you can submit your application.
- Track your application: Use your myNSFAS account to keep track of your application’s progress.
Read Also: Mthashana TVET Nsfas Application 2024-2025
Contact Thekwini Tvet College
- 262 D’ Aintree Avenue,
- Asherville, Durban
- South Africa
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet inquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Hope the information given above has been useful to you. Visit Nsfas‘ official website for more details.