Social Grant Payment For January 2024
Social Grant Payment For January 2024
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) stands as a financial pillar of support for many South African citizens, and refugees, providing essential social grants that make a substantial difference in their lives. As the year 2024 kickstarts, this post provides valuable information on the SASSA payment schedule for January 2024, allowing beneficiaries to better plan their budgets and address any payment issues that may arise.
Sassa payments are made usually in the first week of every month which includes January. The actual date to receive payments is dependent on the type of grant an applicant applied for. SASSA oversees a broad spectrum of social grants, including the Older Persons Grant, Disability Grant, Child Support Grant, and several others. Being aware of when these grants are disbursed each month can help beneficiaries manage their finances more effectively.
Overview Of Social Grant Payment
SASSA’s Social Grant is a monthly payment made to eligible citizens who are in need of financial aid. These grants can include support for the elderly, persons with disabilities, war veterans, children, and caregivers among others. They offer financial stability and enable beneficiaries to cater to their basic needs.
Types Of Social Grant Payment For January 2024
The list below is the types of Sassa grants offered to beneficiaries:
- Care Dependency Grant
- Child Support Grant
- Disability Grant
- Foster Child Grant
- Older Person Grant
- Social Relief of Distress
- War Veterans Grant
- Covid 19 Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD)
When Are Social Grant Payments Made For January 2024
The payment cycle for SASSA grants typically begins on the first of every month. However, specific dates can slightly vary depending on the type of grant. It’s essential to keep an eye on the official SASSA website or local news platforms that provide updates on payment schedules.
If you have applied for a Sassa grant for January 2024, depending on the type of grant you applied for, your grants are expected to be paid by the following dates:
- Older person’s allowance: Tuesday 4 January
- Disability allowance: Wednesday 5 January
- Children’s grants allowance: Thursday 6 January
How Much Social Grant Give To Beneficiaries In January 2024
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) provides different types of grants, and the amount given to beneficiaries varies based on the type of grant they qualify for. Applicants that applied for grants for January 2024 are expected to receive the amount listed below: Remember amounts are subject to change:
- Old Age Pension (also known as Older Person’s Grant): R1,860 per month
- Disability Grant: R1,860 per month
- War Veteran’s Grant: R1,880 per month
- Child Support Grant: R460 per month
- Foster Child Grant: R1,040 per month
- Care Dependency Grant: R1,860 per month
- Grant-in-Aid: R450 per month
Social Grants In January Application Documents Required 2024-2025
Applicants are to provide the following documents when applying for Sassa grants:
- Confirmation that they have read and accepted the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents
- Personal Details
- Mobile Number (cell phone number)
- Employment Information and Lifestyle Sustainability Information
- Banking Information
Method Of Social Grant Payment for January 2024
SASSA offers multiple ways for beneficiaries to receive their grants:
- Direct Deposits: Beneficiaries can receive payments directly into their bank or Postbank accounts. This is often the quickest and most secure method.
- Cash Pay Points: In areas where banking infrastructure is limited, SASSA established cash pay points where beneficiaries can collect their grants.
- Post Office Collections: In some instances, beneficiaries can collect their grants from designated South African Post Office branches.
Remember, if you wish to switch your payment method, you need to notify SASSA in advance using the appropriate forms
Read Also: Sassa Grant Payment For January 2023-2024
SASSA Head Office Address;
- SASSA House
501 Prodinsa Building
Cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Streets
- Private Bag X55662
- Tel: 012 400 2322 (Switchboard)
0800 60 10 11
- SASSA Toll-Free: 0800 60 10 11
- E-Mail GrantEnquiries@sassa.gov.za
You only have to apply once via this website or the above WhatsApp number(082 046 8553) and not many times on every channel. SASSA will only process one application received from each applicant.