Sassa Grant Payment For January 2024-2025
Sassa Grant Payment Date For January 2024-2025
Your Comprehensive Guide to SASSA Grant Payments for January 2024-2025:
The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) is a government-run national agency that was established in April 2005 to administer social benefits on behalf of the Department of Social Development. SASSA, as a public entity, subscribes to those values that promote democracy and a culture of respect for human rights. In addition, in building social cohesion, Sassa has paramount values in transparency, Equity, Integrity, Confidentiality and a Customer Care Centred Approach.
The dates for the Sassa grant payment for January 2024-2025 have now been opened and published on the official website of the agency. The Act provides a national legislative framework for the provision of different types of social grants, social relief of distress, the delivery of social assistance grants by a National Agency and the establishment of an Inspectorate for Social Security.
The Act provides for the establishment of the South African Social Security Agency as a schedule 3A public entity in terms of the PFMA. The principal aim of the Act is to make provision for the effective management, administration and payment of social assistance and service through the establishment of the South African Social Security Agency.
Types Of Sassa Grants Available 2024-2025
Social assistance is provided in the form of:
- Care Dependency Grant
- Child Support Grant
- Disability Grant
- Foster Child Grant
- Older Person Grant
- Social Relief of Distress
- War Veterans Grant
- Covid 19 Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD)
Sassa Grant Payment Date For January 2024-2025
The following list is the Sassa grant payment date for the year 2024-2025:
- Older Person Grant – Tuesday 3 January
- Disability Grant – Wednesday 4 January
- Children’s Grants – Thursday 5 January
Read: SASSA Application Forms 2024-2025
Who Is Qualified To Receive Sassa Grant Payment For January 2024-2025
To be eligible to receive the Sassa funds for the year 2024, you need to be:
- The primary caregiver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary caregiver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must be born after 31 December 1993.
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test.
- A child can not apply for more than six non-biological children.
Sassa Grant Payment Application Requirements For January 2024-2025
To apply, caregivers must bring:
- ID document of the child
- Proof of address
- Proof of income and assets
- Three (3) months’ bank statement
SASSA Grants January Application Process 2024-2025
Apply for Sassa by following the steps below:
- Review the requirements for each type of grant to see if you or the person you’re applying for qualifies.
Prepare Required Documents:
- Gather all necessary documentation, including identity documents (like your South African ID), proof of income (if applicable), medical/care dependency reports (for disability or care dependency grants), and other relevant documents.
- Applications could be submitted in person at a local SASSA office. However, due to COVID-19, SASSA also introduced an online application platform for certain grants. Check the SASSA website for the latest information on how to submit applications.
- SASSA will assess your application. This may include verifying your documents, conducting interviews, or liaising with relevant medical professionals (for disability or care dependency grants).
Notification of Outcome:
- After your application is processed, you’ll receive a notification from SASSA informing you of the outcome. If your application is successful, the notification will also provide details about the grant’s start date and amount.
- If your application is approved, you’ll need to make arrangements to receive your grant. This could be through a bank account, a SASSA payment card, or other approved methods.
- Some grants (like the disability grant or foster child grant) require periodic reviews or reapplications to continue receiving the grant. Ensure you know the requirements for your specific grant
Read Also: SASSA Payment For May 2024
Contact SASSA Head Office on the Details Below;
- SASSA House
- 501 Prodinsa Building
- Cnr Steve Biko and Pretorius Streets
- Private Bag X55662
- Tel: 012 400 2322 (Switchboard)
- 0800 60 10 11
- Website: www.sassa.gov.za
- SASSA Toll-Free: 0800 60 10 11
- E-Mail GrantEnquiries@sassa.gov.za
Hope the information provided above has been useful to you, if you have any suggestions please kindly leave them in the comments section provided below this post. Better still you can visit the official website of Sassa for more details.