December 2023 Sassa Payments
December 2023 Sassa Payments Application
SASSA is an abbreviation for the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). It’s the government agency in South Africa that handles social security services, including payments in South Africa. It also manages and administers grants and allowances to categories of people vulnerable to poverty and in need of state support to improve their standard of living.
The Bill of Rights in the South African Constitution (Section 24-29) recognises the socio-economic rights of citizens. Consequently, the government takes reasonable legislative and other measures within its available resources to achieve a progressive realisation of this individual right. It’s also worth noting that SASSA is administered by the SASSA Act of 2004.
SASSA manages and administers social security services to South African citizens and permanent residents with income and assets below specified thresholds. Primary caregivers, foster parents, the elderly, war veterans, and those with mental and physical disabilities are recipients of SASSA funding.
Types Of Sassa Grants Available For December
Social assistance is provided in the form of:
- A child support grant;
- An older people’s grant (a pension);
- A disability grant;
- A war veteran’s grant;
- A care dependency grant, for caring for a child with a severe disability;
- Foster child grant;
- Grant-in-aid, for those who require a full-time caregiver; and/or
- Social relief of distress, a temporary measure for those in desperate need, in the form of parcels or vouchers. Steyn has pledged R 320 million to help with the coronavirus relief effort.
- The primary caregiver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary caregiver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must be born after 31 December 1993.
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test.
- Children can not apply for more than six non-biological children.
Application Requirements For December Sassa Payments
Update your details (Name, Surname and other information).
To apply, caregivers must bring:
- ID document of the child
- Proof of address
- Proof of income and assets
- Three (3) months bank statement
- ID document of caregiver
- Latest medical information about the care-dependent child
Head Office and Regional Contacts
- Mr Themba Matlou
- E-Mail: ThembaMat@sassa.gov.za
- 28 Harrison Street
- Private Bag X120
- Tel: 011 241 8320
- Fax: 011 241 8305
- E-Mail: GrantsEnquiriesGP@sassa.gov.za
- Branch Coordinator:
- Ms Zodwa Mvulane
- E-Mail: ZodwaMv@sassa.gov.za
- 43 Landros Mare Street
- Private Bag X9677
- Tel: 015 291 7509
- Fax: 015 291 7416
- E-Mail: GrantsEnquiriesLIM@sassa.gov.za
- E-Mail: CustomerCareLim@sassa.gov.za
Hope the information given above has been useful to you. You can get back to us by leaving your suggestions in the comment section below. Visit the official website of SASSA for more details.