Marion Military Institute Application for Admission 2023-2024
Marion Military Institute Application for Admission 2023-2024
Marion Military Institute has been educating leaders for both civilian careers and military service at its historic college campus in Marion, Alabama. Its academic curriculum is designed to challenge and expand intellectual potential while simultaneously fostering the development of personal values. If you dream of becoming a successful civilian leader or a distinguished officer in the military.
Marion Military Institute, a two-year public institution of higher learning, educates and develops cadets as future leaders through an immersive experiential military environment which integrates intellectual, leadership, character and physical development in order to prepare them for success in four-year colleges, U.S. service academies, and in military and civilian careers.
A uniform pre-payment of $2,170 is required of all first-year cadets at matriculation. This amount is the cost of a full issue of standard uniform items. Uniform costs for college cadets can be offset by allowances paid by the Army as described under ROTC FINANCIAL BENEFITS hereon. Graduating cadets are required to pay a $45 diploma fee.
Marion Military Institute Application Date For Admission 2023-2024
Application Date For FALL 2022 Semester
- July 28- Dec. 16
Application Date For SPRING 2023 SEMESTER
- Jan. 9-May 13
- The area I – Written Composition: 6 credit hours required
- ENG 101 and 102 – Freshman Composition (I and II) – 6 credit hours
- Area II – Humanities and Fine Arts: 12 credit hours required
- Literature: 3 or 6 credit hours
- Students must complete EITHER a literature sequence OR a history sequence.
- Arts: 3 credit hours
- Those transferring to an Alabama state university must complete either Art Appreciation or Art History
- The remaining 3 or 6 credit hours are to be selected from Humanities and/or Arts.
- Area III – Mathematics and Natural Science: 11 credit hours required
- Mathematics – 3 credit hours required
- One course above MTH 100 is required.
- Natural Science (Sequence) – 8 credit hours required
- Area IV – History, Social and Behavioral Sciences: 12 credit hours required
- Students must complete EITHER a history sequence OR a literature sequence.
- Must complete at least 3 credit hours in History
- Must complete at least 6 credit hours from other Social and Behavioral Science Disciplines
- Remaining 3 credit hours from any History, Social, and Behavioral Science Discipline
- Area V – Pre-Professional, Pre-Major and Elective Courses: 23 credit hours required
- Must include Military Science (4 to 12 credit hours)
- Early Commissioning Program – MSC 201, 201, 241, and 124 (12 credit hours) and MSC 110 each semester (4 credit hours)
- Leadership Education Program and Service Academy Program – MSC 106, 108, 120, and 122 (4 credit hours)
- Air Force Basic Cadet and Service Academy Program – AFS 104A, 106, 110, 112, 231, 233, 241, 243 (4 credit hours)
All SAP candidates must be morally, physically, medically, and academically sound. All candidates must, as a minimum, meet all ROTC standards.
- Age 17-22, U.S. Citizen
- Unmarried with no dependents
- ACT score of 24 or above, or
- SAT score of 1160 (580 Math / 580 Evidence-Based Reading & Writing) or more with both math and critical reading scores above 580
- 0 high school GPA
Click Here to Apply for Marion Military Institute Admission
Minimum Requirements for Admission
- 860 SAT or 16 ACT (Verbal and Math)
- 0 GPA on a scale of one to ten
Marion Military Institute values diversity in the classroom and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, colour, religion, or national origin.
Marion Military Institute Application Fee for Admission 2023-2024
Yearly charges for boarding college cadets:
|Alabama Residents||Non-Alabama Residents|
|ACCS Enhancement Fee*||$420||$420|
|Total Tuition and Fees*||$7,368||$13,368|
|Room and Board||$4,950||$4,950|
|Estimated Uniform Cost**||$2,170||$2,170|
|Estimated Book Costs***||$1,800||$1,800|
Read: Reid State Technical College Application for Admission 2023-2024
Please submit the following documents to all applicants:
- A completed application, as well as a $30 nonrefundable application fee
- A copy of your birth certificate or proof of citizenship in the United States
- A duplicate of your Social Security card
- A copy of your vaccination record
- A duplicate of your primary identification
- Copy of all High School and College Transcripts
- Verification of ACT or SAT Scores
Marion Military Institute Application for Admission Financial Aid;
The Marion Military Institute Office of Financial Aid is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST. Please use the Financial Aid menu tiles below to find detailed information on the Financial Aid Process:
Recently the U.S. Department of Education reduced the duration of a student’s eligibility to receive Pell grant funds from 18 semesters or 12 semesters. This applies to all students effective with the 2012-2013 award year. The calculation includes all earlier years of the student’s receipt of Pell.
Documents required to complete the FAFSA
- W-2 papers for the previous year, as well as additional financial information for both the student and the parent (s).
- The previous year’s federal income tax return.
- This could include IRS forms 1040, 1041-A, 1040EZ, and others. NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the IRS.gov website can also be used to locate federal income tax returns.
- Estimating current income and amending the FAFSA application later is allowed.
- If the student is reported as a dependent, the parent’s/federal income tax return for the prior year.
- If you’re married, your prior year’s federal income tax return.
- For the student and parent(s), current bank statements and investment records are required.
- Any untaxed income records for the previous year.
- Social Security number for student and parent(s).
- Driver’s license or state ID.
- Alien registration or permanent resident card, if the student is not a U.S. citizen
Marion Military Institute Application for Admission Financial Aid CONTACT:
- Jackie Wilson
- Director of Financial Aid
- Phone: 334-683-2309 / Fax: 334-302-1419
- Traci Liles
- Financial Aid Officer
- Phone: 334-683-2389/ Fax 334-302-1419
The MMI Admissions Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We welcome you to visit our campus and observe the college’s programs in operation.