Marion Military Institute Admission 2023-2024
Marion Military Institute Application For Admission 2023-2024
If you dream of becoming a successful civilian leader or a distinguished officer in the military, MMI is the best place for you. Marion Military Institute is a hub for educating leaders for both civilian careers and military service at its historic college campus in Marion, Alabama. Its academic curriculum is designed to challenge and expand intellectual potential while simultaneously fostering the development of personal values.
Applications are currently open at the Marion Military Institute for prospective students to apply for admission. Marion Military Institute (MMI) has achieved a national reputation for preparing young men and women for successful civilian and military careers. This is accomplished by providing the best possible educational program for its students in a disciplined environment, thereby developing their intellectual, physical, moral, social, and leadership capabilities.
Marion Military Institute, a two-year public institution of higher learning, educates and develops cadets as future leaders through an immersive experiential military environment which integrates intellectual, leadership, character and physical development in order to prepare them for success in four-year colleges, U.S. service academies, and in military and civilian careers.
MMI is nationally recognized as the premier leadership development college of Alabama with whole cadet enrichment through an immersive and intentional experiential learning environment, a relevant, rigorous and robust academic program and a character and leadership education development system.
Marion Military Institute Application Deadline For Admission 2023-2024
If you are interested in applying for the Marion Military Institute for the academic year 2023-2024, it should be done before the application deadline. Applicants are to submit all the required documents during the application period. Below is the academic calendar for MMI, click on the link to download it.
Download The Marion Military Institute Academic Calendar 2023-2024 Pdf
Courses Offered At Marion Military Institute
MMI awards Associate in Science & Associate in Arts degrees.
Area I – Written Composition: 6 credit hours required
- ENG 101 and 102 – Freshman Composition (I and II) – 6 credit hours.
Area II – Humanities and Fine Arts: 12 credit hours required
- Literature: 3 or 6 credit hours
Students must complete EITHER a literature sequence OR a history sequence.
- Arts: 3 credit hours
Those transferring to an Alabama state university must complete either Art Appreciation or Art History
- The remaining 3 or 6 credit hours are to be selected from Humanities and/or Arts.
Area III – Mathematics and Natural Science: 11 credit hours required
- Mathematics – 3 credit hours required
- One course above MTH 100 is required.
- Natural Science (Sequence) – 8 credit hours required
Read: Coastal TVET College Nsfas Application 2023
Area IV – History, Social and Behavioral Sciences: 12 credit hours required
- Students must complete EITHER a history sequence OR a literature sequence.
- Must complete at least 3 credit hours in History
- Must complete at least 6 credit hours from other Social and Behavioral Science Disciplines
- Remaining 3 credit hours from any History, Social, and Behavioral Science Discipline
- Area V – Pre-Professional, Pre-Major and Elective Courses: 23 credit hours required
- Must include Military Science (4 to 12 credit hours)
- Early Commissioning Program – MSC 201, 201, 241, and 124 (12 credit hours) and MSC 110 each semester (4 credit hours)
- Leadership Education Program and Service Academy Program – MSC 106, 108, 120, and 122 (4 credit hours)
- Air Force Basic Cadet and Service Academy Program – AFS 104A, 106, 110, 112, 231, 233, 241, 243 (4 credit hours)
Marion Military Institute Admission Requirements 2023-2024
Applicants are to 0provide the following minimum admission requirements:
- 16 ACT or 860 SAT (Verbal and Math)
- 2.0 Cumulative GPA
Marion Military Institute is committed to equal opportunity in education and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, or national origin.
All Applicants, Please Submit the Following:
- Completed Application and nonrefundable $30 Application Fee
- Copy of Birth Certificate or Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Copy of Primary Identification
- Copy of all High School and College Transcripts
- Verification of ACT or SAT Scores
All SAP candidates must be morally, physically, medically, and academically sound. All candidates must, as a minimum, meet all ROTC standards.
- Age 17-22, U.S. Citizen
- Unmarried with no dependents
- ACT score of 24 or above, or
- SAT score of 1160 (580 Math / 580 Evidence-Based Reading & Writing) or more with both math and critical reading scores above 580
- 0 high school GPA
Marion Military Institute Application And Tuition Fee 2023-2024
A uniform pre-payment of $2,170 is required of all first-year cadets at matriculation. This amount is the cost of a full issue of standard uniform items. Uniform costs for college cadets can be offset by allowances paid by the Army as described under ROTC FINANCIAL BENEFITS hereon. Graduating cadets are required to pay a $45 diploma fee.
- Fees are charged per credit hour. Values displayed are based on an average of 21-credit hours per semester. Actual expense is based on individual course load. Technology Fee is $9/credit hour; ACS Reserve Fee is $1/credit hour; Facility Fee is $9/credit hour. ACCS Enhancement Fee is $10/credit hour.
- For Tuition Assistance (Army/National Guard) purposes, the per credit hour rate is $200/per credit hour for Alabama residents and $400/per credit hour for Non-Alabama residents.
- Cadets may wish to purchase additional uniform items not included in the standard issue.
- Book costs vary according to individual course load
Download The 2023-2024 Fee Structure For Marion Military Institute In Pdf
Marion Military Institute Financial Aid Application 2023-2024
The Marion Military Institute Office of Financial Aid is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. CST. Please use the Financial Aid menu tiles below to find detailed information on the Financial Aid Process:
Recently the U.S. Department of Education reduced the duration of a student’s eligibility to receive Pell grant funds from 18 semesters or 12 semesters. This applies to all students effective with the 2012-2013 award year. The calculation includes all earlier years of the student’s receipt of Pell.
Required Documents Needed To Apply For Financial Aid At Marion Military Institute 2023-2024
- W-2 papers for the previous year, as well as additional financial information for both the student and the parent (s).
- The previous year’s federal income tax return.
- This could include IRS forms 1040, 1041-A, 1040EZ, and others. NOTE: The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the IRS.gov website can also be used to locate federal income tax returns.
- Estimating current income and amending the FAFSA application later is allowed.
- If the student is reported as a dependent, the parent’s/federal income tax return for the prior year.
- If you’re married, your prior year’s federal income tax return.
- For the student and parent(s), current bank statements and investment records are required.
- Any untaxed income records for the previous year.
- Social Security number for student and parent(s).
- Driver’s license or state ID.
- Alien registration or permanent resident card, if the student is not a U.S. citizen
Contact Jackie Wilson
- Director of Financial Aid
- Phone: 334-683-2309 / Fax: 334-302-1419
- 1101 Washington St.,
- AL 36756
Whether you have a passion for military service, dream of going to a service academy, or simply want to be a leader wherever life takes you, Marion Military Institute is fully prepared to show you options. Visit the Official Website Of MMI for more details.