Eastcape Midlands College Courses 2024-2025
Eastcape Midlands Tvet College Courses 2024-2025
Eastcape Midlands College Courses 2024-2025: Empowering Students Through Diverse Programs:
Eastcape Midlands TVET College provides a variety of educational opportunities on all its campuses, including National Accredited Technical Education Diplomas and National Certificate Vocational Courses. Before enrolling, all potential students must select a preferred course from the variety of programs offered by the College.
The College is composed of numerous campuses that deliver an array of programs in Engineering, Business, and Occupational Training. For those seeking financial assistance, the Department of Higher Education and Training, through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), offers bursaries to students, including those aspiring to take courses under the National Accredited Technical Education Diploma (NATED) and the National Certificate Vocational Courses.
Eastcape Midlands TVET College, nestled in South Africa’s Eastern Cape Province, has a reputation for excellence in technical and vocational education. The College, known for its wide array of course offerings, is poised to welcome students for the 2024-2025 academic year. This article provides a comprehensive overview of the courses Eastcape Midlands College will be offering during this period.
Unveiling Eastcape Midlands College
Eastcape Midlands College, with its eight campuses, offers an inclusive, dynamic learning environment. The college has a keen focus on equipping students with real-world skills to excel in their chosen career paths.
List Of Eastcape Midlands College Courses And Programmes Offered In 2024-2025
The list below is the courses and programs offered at EMC for the 2024-2025 academic year:
- Engineering Programmes
- Business Programmes
- Occupational Training
To enrol in any of the courses offered at EMC for the academic year 2024-2025, students need to have the following requirements based on the particular course:
Requirement For National Certificate (Vocational) Courses:
Ncv courses are specialised for a chosen career. This qualification is designed to provide both the theory and practice of the chosen career and is geared toward alleviating the skills shortage in the country.
NCV (Level 2-4)
- Office Administration
- Finance, Economic & Accounting
- Safety in Society
- A year-end school report for Gr 11 or Gr 12 certificate; or
- An NQF Level 1 qualification; or
- An approved bridging program designed for the specific purpose to access NQF Level 2; or
- A Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) assessment to meet the basic requirements for access to NQF Level 2
Note: Gr.9 and Gr. 10 will be considered only in exceptional cases.
Report 191 Courses
Learners who have completed a Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of a Higher Certificate achievement can consider studying further at a TVET College for a National Diploma. The Report 191 (Nated) N4 – N6 Programmes, also known as Alternative Post-school Programmes.
Report 191 (N4-N6):
- Legal Secretary
- Financial Management
- Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
- Candidates must have a Grade 12 (NSC)
- New students must enrol for all 4 subjects in the particular field
- The number of enrolments in these programmes is subject to the approved DHET prescripts targets
- Students who may enrol for N4-N6 programmes must comply with the required number of working hours in the relevant field of the industry before a National Diploma will be issued (18 months / 2000 hours for semester programmes and 24 months / 2670 hours for trimester programmes)
Occupational and skills programmes include Apprenticeship, Skills and ICB Programmes. The focus of these programmes is geared towards preparing students for a specific skill within a specific work environment related to a specific trade. Occupational and skills programmes are offered
EMC TVET College as either FULL QUALIFICATIONS or as ACCREDITED SKILLS PROGRAMMES.
- Motor Mechanic
- End User Computing EUC (NQF L2)
- International Computer Driving License (ICDL)
- Pastel Accounting
- Early Childhood Development
- Welding Skills Programme
Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB):
- National Certificate: Junior Bookkeeping (NQF L3)
- TVET Certificate: Senior Bookkeeping (NQF L4)
- Certificate: Junior Office Administration (NQF L5)
- Higher Certificate: Senior Office Administration (NQF L5
- Diploma: Certified Office Manager (NQF L6)
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting (NQF L4)
Eastcape Midlands Tvet College Courses Application Process 2024-2025
The process below will guide you in applying for any course at EMC for the 2024-2025 academic year:
- Visit the Official Midlands College Website
Start your application journey at the official Midlands College website. The ‘Online Application’ link is prominently displayed on the homepage.
- Select Your Preferred Course
Choose your course from the provided list. Remember to consider your career aspirations and qualifications while making this decision.
- Complete the Online Application Form
Fill in the form with your personal details, academic history, and contact information. All information should be accurate and current.
- Upload the Necessary Documents
You’ll need to provide digital copies of your ID/passport, academic records, and other documents specified in the application guidelines.
- Review and Submit
Before hitting submit, double-check all the details you’ve provided. Once submitted, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
- Pay the Application Fee
Pay the application fee as per the instructions provided on the website. With this, your application process is complete.
Campuses Of Eastcape Midlands TVET College
The following are the campuses of EMC:
- Brickfields Road
- Charles Goodyear
CONTACT THE HEAD OFFICE OF EMC:
- Postal Address:
- Private Bag X35, Uitenhage, 6230
- Telephone: 041 995 2000
- Head Office Fax: 041 995 2047
- Principal’s Office Fax: 041 995 2008
- Finance Fax: 041 995 2027
You will be informed whether you meet the necessary requirements for your chosen career and would be advised on admittance to the institution. Should you qualify for the chosen career you will be guided on further registration procedures. For more details on the courses offered at the college, Visit The Official Website Of EMC College.