Does NSFAS Fund College SA Students?
Does NSFAS Fund College SA Students? Aspiring students in South Africa often face the challenge of financing their college education. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) plays a crucial role in supporting eligible students with financial assistance. This article aims to explore whether NSFAS extends funding opportunities to colleges in South Africa, providing useful information to assist you in navigating your educational financing choices.
What is NSFAS?
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Does NSFAS Fund College SA Students?
Yes, NSFAS does provide financial support to eligible students studying at colleges in South Africa. Colleges are categorized as public technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, and NSFAS recognizes their importance in facilitating career-oriented education. Students enrolled in approved college programs can apply for NSFAS funding to cover their tuition fees, study materials, accommodation, and living expenses.
Read Also: Does Nsfas Fund Northlink College 2024-2024
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
What Are The Requirements Needed When Applying for NSFAS?
- Copy of student ID / Birth certificate
- Copy of parent/s or guardian/ spouse ID
- Smart card: both sides of the card required
- Proof of income (where applicable)
- Persons living with disability (Disability Annexure A form)
- An applicant who is recognized as a vulnerable child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed Vulnerable Child Declaration form completed by a social worker
- An applicant who has indicated that s/he has no family member details and or abridged birth certificate must complete the Declaration:
How to Apply for NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025
The National Students Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Online Application process for 2024 is very easy, simple and accurate. When you are applying online, you will be prompted when information is missing or incorrect, helping you to ensure that you add all the important information when submitting your online application form.
To Apply for NSFAS Online 2024, kindly follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za apply 2024
- Click on the “myNSFAS” tab at the top right menu of the page
- Login with your ID number and password to start your application
- If you don’t have an ID number, create a “myNSFAS account“
- You will be generated a Student ID Number that will help you to apply
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab and complete the sections on the screen
- Upload the required supporting documents where applicable
- Then, click on the “Submit” button to submit your application for evaluation
Read Also: Does NSFAS Pay For College Of Cape Town?
List of colleges funded by NSFAS:
- Buffalo City TVET College
- East Cape Midlands TVET College
- Ikhala TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- King Sabatha Dalindyebo TVET College
- Lovedale TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Boland TVET College
- College of Cape Town
- False Bay TVET College
- Northlink TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- West Coast TVET College
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldsfields TVET College
- Maluti TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Coastal KZN TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgugundlovu TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Sedibeng TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Western College for TVET
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
NSFAS Contact Details
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
Tel No.: 08000 67327
The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
If you are considering pursuing your college education in South Africa, NSFAS offers an invaluable opportunity to secure financial assistance. By meeting the eligibility requirements and following the NSFAS application process, you can increase your chances of receiving funding for your college studies. For more information, visit NSFAS’s official website