Is WestCol Funded By Nsfas?
Is WestCol Funded By Nsfas? Unveiling Financial Aid Opportunities
Are you considering pursuing your education at WestCol but wondering about the financial support available? One of the common questions students have is whether WestCol is funded by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). Let’s explore the relationship between WestCol and NSFAS.NSFAS provides you with financial aid opportunities that can make your educational aspirations a reality. Discover how you can access financial assistance and overcome financial barriers to thrive academically at WestCol.
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a state entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training. NSFAS provides financial assistance in the form of a study bursary to qualifying students who wish to study or are already studying at Western TVET College.
Is WestCol Funded By Nsfas?
YES WestCol is funded by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and below is the simple process interested applicants can follow to apply for NSFAS funding
Nsfas Application Date 2024-2025
The Nsfas online application date open for 2024-2025 begins on the 28th of September 2023 and it will be closing on the 7th of January 2024.
What does the bursary cover?
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines.
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who qualifies for NSFAS funding?
All South African citizens
All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
How To Apply Westcol NSFAS Online Application 2024-2025
For the online application for Nsfas as a Westcol student, follow the process below:
- Create a myNSFAS account via this link: https://my.nsfas.org.za
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab to update your personal information and upload your
- Application supporting documents
- Submit your application
Nsfas Contact Details
- Website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 08000 67327
- Physical Address: NSFAS Loans and Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, Cape Town, 7801, South Africa
Prospective students interested in studying at WestCol can explore the NSFAS application process and apply for financial assistance to cover their tuition fees and other educational expenses. Additionally, WestCol offers its own scholarships, grants, and bursaries to support students further. By seeking guidance and taking advantage of available resources, students can overcome financial barriers and embark on a transformative educational journey at WestCol. Visit NSFAS Website for all Information