Bursaries For Tvet Colleges 2024
Bursaries For Tvet Colleges 2024: TVET colleges provide practical and specialized education, preparing students for success in the workforce. However, financial constraints can often hinder aspiring students from pursuing their dreams. Fortunately, bursaries for TVET colleges offer a lifeline, providing financial assistance to deserving individuals. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the world of bursaries for TVET colleges, exploring their importance, eligibility criteria, the application process, and the numerous opportunities they unlock. With the right information and proactive approach, you can secure the financial support you need to thrive in your TVET education.
What Nsfas Bursary Cover
The amounts indicated are for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
What You Need To Require Bursaries From Tvet College
- You need a minimum academic qualification of Grade 9 (nine) with a minimum average of 40%.
- Your family’s gross income must not be more than R 122 000 per annum.
- You must have an acceptable academic record and display an ability to successfully complete the programme.
- You need to agree to ongoing counselling and academic assessment.
- The Bursary will cover class fees. It might also cover a portion of the residence and/or travel fees.
- In order for an approved bursary to be fully effective, the student will need to sign a bursary agreement before any funds will be disbursed.
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Required Supporting Documents To Apply For NSFAS Funding.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
Read Also: SWGC Bursaries Application 2024-2025
How to Apply for Bursaries from Tvet Colleges
NSFAS bursaries can be sent through the NSFAS online application or through their offices. On the other hand, if you are applying online, you can follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
Contact Details Of NSFAS
- For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
By understanding the benefits, eligibility criteria, and application processes, you can increase your chances of securing financial aid for your TVET college program. Remember to explore TVET college websites, and online bursary databases, and seek guidance from financial aid offices to find suitable bursaries. For more information on Nsfas click Here.