SWGC Bursaries Application 2024-2025
SWGC Nsfas Bursaries Application 2024-2025
How to Apply for SWGC Bursaries for the 2024-2025 Academic Year:
Many are they that are denied quality education in South Africa because of financial hardships but them that are enrolled at South West Gauteng Tvet College for the year 2024-2025 will be able to apply for a financial bursary from Nsfas to support their educational needs. If you’re a student in need of financial assistance for the 2024-2025 academic year, you may be eligible for bursaries from SWGC. These bursaries can help cover the costs of tuition, books, and other expenses. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for SWGC bursaries.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Before applying for SWGC bursaries, it’s important to determine if you’re eligible. To be eligible, you must be a full-time student enrolled in a program at SWGC for the 2024-2025 academic year. You must also demonstrate financial need and meet any additional criteria set by the bursary program.
SWGC Bursaries Application Date 2024-2025
South West Gauteng Tvet College has made it possible for its students to apply for bursaries from Nsfas by the following dates for the 2024-2025 academic year:
- Swgc Nsfas Bursaries Application Date open 2024: The Nsfas bursaries online application will be open to Swgc students on the 28th of September 2023.
- Swgc Nsfas Bursaries Application Deadline 2024: Nsfas Bursaries online application deadline for Swgc students for the 2024-2025 academic year is on the 7th of January 2024.
Read: SWGC Fee Structure
SWGC Nsfas Bursaries Application Eligibility 2024-2025
Before you will be eligible for bursaries from Nsfas, you will need to be:
- A South African citizen
- SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
SWGC Bursaries Application Required Documents 2024-2025
Applicants of Nsfas bursaries are to upload the following documents to support their applications:
- Certified copy of the applicant’s South African identity document (ID) or birth certificate.
- Certified copy of the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) ID or birth certificate.
Proof of Income:
- An affidavit or a letter from the employer(s) indicating the total gross monthly income of each parent/guardian.
- SARS income tax return statement(s) or payslips for each working parent/guardian.
- If the parent/guardian is unemployed, an affidavit declaring their unemployment status or a sworn statement confirming no income.
Household Financial Information:
- Bank statements for each bank account held by the applicant, parent(s), or guardian(s) for the past three months.
- Proof of any other forms of income, such as rental agreements, pension statements, or social grant documents.
- Certified copy of the applicant’s most recent academic transcript or report card.
- Certified copy of the applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent qualification.
Consent and Declaration Forms:
- Consent form signed by the applicant and the parent/guardian, allowing NSFAS to verify the provided information.
- Declaration form signed by the applicant and the parent/guardian, declaring that all the information provided is true and accurate.
- Disability certificate (if applicable).
- Death certificate(s) of deceased parent(s) or guardian(s) (if applicable).
- Divorce decree or legal separation document (if applicable).
Follow the below steps to apply for Nsfas bursaries at Swgc 2024-2025:
- Gather Required Documentation:
Prepare the necessary supporting documents, such as your South African ID or birth certificate, proof of income, and academic transcripts.
- Create an NSFAS Account:
Visit the official NSFAS website at www.nsfas.org.za and create an account using a valid email address. Remember to keep your login credentials secure.
- Log In and Complete the Online Application:
Log into your NSFAS account, select the 2024-2025 academic year application, and carefully fill in all the required information. Double-check your entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Upload Supporting Documents:
Submit the required supporting documents electronically through the online portal. Ensure that the documents are clear and legible.
- Review and Submit Your Application:
Carefully review all the information you have provided, making sure there are no errors or missing details. Once you are satisfied, submit your application electronically.
- Follow Up on Application Status:
Regularly check your NSFAS account for updates on your application status. Notifications and requests for additional information may be communicated through your account or via email.
Read Also: SWGC NSFAS Application
Campuses Of Swgc
The following are the campuses of Swgc:
- Dobsonville Campus
- George Tabor Campus
- Molapo Campus
- Roodepoort Campus
- Roodepoort West Campus
- Technisa Campus
NSFAS Contact Center:
- Toll-free Helpline: 08000 NSFAS (08000 67327)
- Cellphone Contact: 0860 067 327
- International Callers: +27 21 763 3232
- Email: email@example.com
Contact Details Of South West Gauteng TVET College
- Physical Address: 1822 A Molele Street,
- Molapo, Soweto, South Africa
- Postal Address:
- Private Bag X33, Dobsonville, 1865
- Telephone: +27 (0)11 527 8300 / +27 (0)10 141 3000
- Fax: +27 (0)11 984 1262
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.swgc.co.za
Hope the information provided above has been useful to you in applying to the college, if you have any suggestions, kindly leave them in the comments section provided below this post or better still you can visit the Official website of SWGC for more details.