Are Tvet Colleges Free
Are Tvet Colleges Free: Are you considering enrolling in a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college but wondering about the cost? One of the most common questions asked by aspiring students is whether TVET colleges offer free education. Whether you’re looking to acquire practical skills for a specific industry or seeking an affordable educational option, read on to discover the truth about free TVET college education and the avenues to explore. In this article, we will delve into the availability of free TVET college education and how to make a successful application.
Are Tvet Colleges Free
Studying at a public TVET college is not free, however, in order to ensure that they are accessible and affordable, the Department of Higher Education and Training subsidises 80% of the delivery costs, and loans are available to help students pay their tuition fees.
However, In addition to government initiatives, scholarships and grants are available to help alleviate the financial burden associated with TVET education. These scholarships can be provided by the government, educational institutions, private organizations, or NGOs.
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges.
Applicants are urged to take note of the NSFAS application form opening and closing date and to apply online. NSFAS online application form will be open on 2 November and close on 7 January 2024. Kindly apply on time to avoid application rejection.
What Nsfas Bursary Cover
The amounts indicated are for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Who Qualifies for NSFAS For Tvet Colleges?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Read Also: Does South Cape College Offer NSFAS?
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE NSFAS APPLICATION PROCESS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you to process your application, so you need to provide the following supporting documents to ensure your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for NSFAS Tvet Colleges Online Application 2024-2025
If you would like to apply for NSFAS online, follow the steps below:
- Visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za online
- Then, you have to click on the “myNSFAS” tab
- After that, you create your myNSFAS account
- After creating myNSFAS account, you then have to click on the “Apply” tab
- Answer the following questions you see on your screen
- Update all your personal information
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Lastly, Click on “Submit” to send your application for review.
List of Tvet Colleges That Offer NSFAS Funding
The following are the lists of Tvet colleges open for application::
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Sedibeng TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Western TVET College
- Coastal TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgungundlovu TVET College
- Boland TVET College
- College of Cape Town
- False Bay College
- Northlink TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- West Coast TVET College
- Buffalo City TVET College
- Eastcape Midlands TVET College
- Ikhala TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College
- Lovedale TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Maluti TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
Contact Details Of NSFAS
- For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
Accessing NSFAS funding for TVET colleges can be a significant stepping stone in pursuing your educational goals. By understanding the eligibility criteria, following the application process diligently, and staying informed about the benefits and resources available through NSFAS, you can alleviate financial barriers and focus on achieving academic success. For more information on Nsfas click Here.