What Are Tvet Colleges
What Are Tvet Colleges: If you’re considering your educational options after completing high school or seeking a career change, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges can be a game-changer. These institutions provide practical and industry-relevant skills training that prepares students for a wide range of lucrative careers. In this article, we will explore what TVET colleges are and how they can shape your future, equipping you with the knowledge to make informed decisions about your educational journey.
What Are Tvet Colleges?
Technical and Vocational Education and Training(TVET), college is an internationally recognised term that is given to an educational institution that is involved in the study of technologies and related sciences in the acquisition of practical skills, attitudes, understanding and knowledge relating to professional occupations.
TVET colleges were introduced to South Africa in 2012 and there are now 50 TVET colleges across South Africa. All of the previously existing FET (Further Education Training) colleges changed their names to TVET colleges under the management of the DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training). Prospective college students can receive their skills-focused National Certificate Vocational by completing skills training programmes at these college campuses.
TVET Colleges provide students with practical and other skills that prepare them for a variety of occupations. Colleges create close partnerships with essential players in industry and commerce to guarantee that their courses are responsive to labour market needs. TVET Colleges teach entrepreneurial skills that can be used in a range of businesses, including catering, construction, computer technology, tourism, and hairdressing.
Read Also: Tvet College Online Application 2024-2025
Programs and Courses Offered At TVET Colleges:
TVET colleges provide a diverse range of programs and courses tailored to specific industries. These include:
- Wholesale and Retail Operations
- Water and water waste Treatment
- Water Reticulation services
- End-User computing
- General Security Practice
- Sports coaching
- Accounting Technician
- Fibre Processing and Manufacturing ( FP & M SETA)
- Furniture Making
- Health and Wealth (HWSETA)
- Fitting and Turning
- Education Training and Development Practices ( ETDP-SETA)
- Early childhood Development
- Wholesale and Retail SETA
- Wholesale and Retail Operations
- Education and Development
- Finance, Economics, and Accounting
- Information Technology and Computer Practice
- Office AdministrationTourism
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Safety In Society
- National Skill Fund ( NSF Project )
- Automotive Repair and Maintenance
- Motor Mechanic
Benefits Of Studying At TVET Colleges?
- TVET colleges develop practical and other skills for a wide variety of jobs. The colleges maintain close links with key role players in industry and commerce to ensure that their courses are responsive to labour market needs.
- The entrepreneurship skills acquired at TVET colleges can be used to start businesses, e.g. in catering, building construction, Information Technology, tourism, or hairdressing.
- TVET colleges are accessible to all young people, especially to youth from previously disadvantaged communities who live in poor rural areas.
- TVET colleges are rooted in their communities and provide education and training to members of their own and nearby communities.
- The colleges develop the skills that are needed in local businesses and in government departments. People with a college qualification generally earn about 60% more than those with only a matric.
- Studies conducted in South Africa found that individuals who have completed some level of further study after leaving school are between two and three times more likely to be employed. This means that having a TVET qualification can nearly double your chances of finding employment compared to a matric certificate.
- Public TVET colleges try to arrange for students to gain practical work experience with employers in their fields of study.
- The fees for studying at TVET College are low compared to fees for other post-school education.
- The government provides funding to cover part or all of the study fees of learners who cannot afford to pay for further education.
List of TVET Colleges In South Africa
- Central Johannesburg TVET College
- Ekurhuleni East TVET College
- Ekurhuleni West TVET College
- Sedibeng TVET College
- South West Gauteng TVET College
- Tshwane North TVET College
- Tshwane South TVET College
- Western TVET College
- Coastal TVET College
- Elangeni TVET College
- Esayidi TVET College
- Majuba TVET College
- Mnambithi TVET College
- Mthashana TVET College
- Thekwini TVET College
- Umfolozi TVET College
- Umgungundlovu TVET College
- Boland TVET College
- College of Cape Town
- False Bay College
- Northlink TVET College
- South Cape TVET College
- West Coast TVET College
- Buffalo City TVET College
- Eastcape Midlands TVET College
- Ikhala TVET College
- Ingwe TVET College
- King Hintsa TVET College
- King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College
- Lovedale TVET College
- Port Elizabeth TVET College
- Flavius Mareka TVET College
- Goldfields TVET College
- Maluti TVET College
- Motheo TVET College
- Capricorn TVET College
- Lephalale TVET College
- Letaba TVET College
- Mopani South East TVET College
- Sekhukhune TVET College
- Vhembe TVET College
- Waterberg TVET College
- Ehlanzeni TVET College
- Gert Sibande TVET College
- Nkangala TVET College
- Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Northern Cape Rural TVET College
- Orbit TVET College
- Taletso TVET College
- Vuselela TVET College
Read Also: Tvet Colleges Online Application 2024-2025
How to Apply for Tvet College Online Application
- All new applicants must complete the Placement Screening Test before applying. We will not process applications without doing a placement screening test first.
- You can apply online by visiting the College Online Application portal
- Applicants can also visit the school to book an online application session.
- Applicants can apply for NSFAS Funding or can search for other available bursaries.
- You can use either your smartphone, tablet or computer to apply online via the student i-Enabler, using your PIN and student number to log on
- Applicants should apply for admission for the current level and the next level of your application
- Make sure you upload all the required documents and pay the necessary fees.
Tvet Colleges Contact Details
- Visit: 123 Francis Baard Street, Pretoria, South Africa
- Private Bag X174, Pretoria, 0001
- Contact Details: 0800 87 2222/+ 27 12 312 5911
- Email: email@example.com
TVET colleges offer a practical and efficient route to acquiring specialized skills and kick-starting a successful career. By providing industry-relevant training, hands-on experience, and diverse program options, these institutions open doors to a wide range of opportunities. Whether you aspire to become a skilled tradesperson, a healthcare professional, or a creative artist, TVET colleges can shape your future and set you on a path towards success. For more enquiries, visit Tvets Colleges for more details.