West Coast Nsfas Application 2024-2025
West Coast Nsfas Bursary Application 2024-2025
West Coast TVET: A Comprehensive Guide to the NSFAS Application 2024-2025:
The West Coast Tvet College has various financial supported bursaries but Nsfas has been well known among the lot. West Coast Tvet College is one of the fifty Tvet colleges that are registered under the Department of Higher Education and Training in South Africa. The college helps students by giving them the opportunity to apply for Nsfas to support them financially in their education.
West Coast Tvet college students who will want to apply for Nsfas for the 2024-2025 academic year can start their applications from the 28th of September 2023. Applicants are to submit their applications together with their ID documents, proof of the applicant’s family annual income, and all the needed documents to prove their eligibility.
In the era of transformative education in South Africa, the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) has become a cornerstone of opportunity for countless students each year. The West Coast Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College, one of the prominent institutions in the country stands as a testament to this initiative’s transformative power. With the NSFAS application cycle for the 2024-2025 academic year drawing near, it’s important for potential applicants to understand the process and be ready to seize this opportunity.
West Coast TVET College Nsfas Application Eligibility 2024-2025
To qualify for Nsfas bursary for the 2024-2025 academic year, you must be among the list below:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
West Coast Nsfas Application Date 2024-2025
West Coast Tvet College students are to apply for Nsfas 2024 by the following dates:
- Nsfas Online Application Date Open For West Coast Tvet College Students: West Coast Tvet College students who are willing to apply for Nsfas bursary on the 28th of September 2023.
- Nsfas Online Application Deadline Open For West Coast Tvet College Students: West Coast Tvet College students are to apply for Nsfas before the deadline which is on the 7th of January 2024. The Nsfas application deadline may not be extended, so apply now.
What Does Nsfas Bursary Cover For West Coast Tvet College In 2024-2025
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. Nsfas pays for the following:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
West Coast Nsfas Application Requirements 2024-2025
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- A South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- A valid ID of parents and/or guardians (or death certificate where applicable)
- A valid ID of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter
- Death certificate/s
- Divorce decree
Note: NSFAS will communicate with you on the cell phone number you provide on your Application Form, so please make sure the number works and please do not provide someone else’s number as your contact.
Apply online using a cellphone, tablet or computer. Follow these simple steps to apply:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on myNsfas Tab
- Click on register
- Tick the box to allow Nsfas to verify your details
- Capture your ID number as it is stated on your ID documents
- Type in your full name and surname as indicated on the ID
- Enter your current and functioning email address
- Confirm your email address
- Enter your cell phone number
- Create a password for yourself
- Confirm the password you generated
- Upload your ID copy
- Click on Register to apply
- An OTP will be sent to the email and phone number you provided ( the OTP will expire within 24hrs)
- Type in the OTP and click on SUBMIT
- Your Nsfas application has been successfully completed
West Coast Tvet College Contact Details
- Central office
- Address: 2 Loedolf Street, Malmesbury
- Tel: (022) 482 1143
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Hope the information given above has been useful to you. Visit Nsfas‘ official website for more details.