Vhembe TVET College Nsfas Application 2024-2025
Vhembe TVET College Nsfas Bursary Application 2024-2025
Unveiling the Vhembe TVET College NSFAS Application Process for 2024-2025:
Students who have gained admission into Vhembe Tvet College for the 2024-2025 academic year can now apply for financial support from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme(Nsfas). Students who are South Africans and come from a family with an annual household income of about R350,000 or less can apply for Nsfas from the 28th of September 2023 to the 7th of January 2024.
The Vhembe TVET College, an esteemed institution in South Africa, is well-known for offering a variety of educational opportunities to its students. Among these opportunities is access to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) funding. The application process for the 2024-2025 academic year is about to commence, and this article is here to guide you on how to navigate this journey.
What Is NSFAS
It’s important to understand what the NSFAS mean before attempting the application process. The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government initiative aimed at providing financial assistance to deserving students who wish to further their education but lack the necessary financial means. It’s a beacon of hope for many South African students, making higher education more accessible and affordable.
Who Is Eligible For Vhembe TVET College Nsfas Bursary Application 2024-2025
Nsfas is meant to provide help to only South African students who are enrolled at either the public Tvet colleges or universities. Below are the categories of persons who are eligible to apply for the Nsfas bursary:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Vhembe TVET College Nsfas Application Date 2023
The 2024-2025 Nsfas applications are about to be open for students of Vhembe Tvet College, to catch the first flight in the application process a secure for yourself funds to cater for your education, you will need to apply by the following dates:
- Vhembe Tvet College Nsfas Application Open Date: Students who are currently studying at Vhembe Tvet College can apply for Nsfas for the 2024-2025 academic year on the 28th of September 2023.
- Vhembe Tvet College Nsfas Application Deadline: Vhembe Tvet College students must apply before the deadline which is on the 7th of January 2024.
The following are the requirements needed when applying for Nsfas as a Vhembe Tvet College student:
- South African ID: You’ll need a certified copy of your South African ID document. If you don’t have an ID, you can also provide a copy of your birth certificate along with an affidavit explaining why you don’t have an ID.
- Parent/Guardian’s ID: Certified copies of your parents’ or guardians’ ID documents. If your parents or guardians are deceased, you’ll need to provide death certificates. If you have a legal guardian, a certified copy of your court order will be necessary.
- Proof of Income: This should be for both your parents/guardians. If they are employed, this can be their latest payslip. If they are unemployed, you’ll need to provide an affidavit. For those who are self-employed, a recent sworn statement of their income must be provided.
- Signed Consent Form: You’ll need to fill out and sign an NSFAS consent form, which is provided during the application process.
- Proof of Residence: You may be asked to provide proof of your current residential address.
- Proof of Registration/Admission: If you’re already registered at a university or TVET college, you’ll need to provide proof of your registration. For new students, proof of acceptance or admission to the institution is required.
- Academic Results: If you’re currently in Grade 12, you’ll need to provide your latest academic results. If you’ve already completed Grade 12, you’ll need to provide your Grade 12 certificate.
- Applicant’s Contact Details: This includes your current cell phone number and email address.
- Parents/Guardians’ Contact Details: This includes their current cell phone numbers and email addresses, if available.
Note: Remember that all the documents need to be clear and legible. They must be certified copies and not older than 3 months.
What Does Nsfas Bursary Cover For Vhembe Tvet College Students
Amounts indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines:
- Accommodation in an urban area is R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area is R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area is R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Read Also: How To Apply At Vhembe TVET College 2023
Vhembe TVET College Nsfas Application Process 2024-2025
Follow the process below will guide you to apply for Nsfas:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on myNsfas Tab
- Click on register
- Tick the box to allow Nsfas to verify your details
- Capture your ID number as it is stated on your ID documents
- Type in your full name and surname as indicated on the ID
- Enter your current and functioning email address
- Confirm your email address
- Enter your cell phone number
- Create a password for yourself
- Confirm the password you generated
- Upload your ID copy
- Click on Register to apply
- An OTP will be sent to the email and phone number you provided ( the OTP will expire within 24hrs)
- Type in the OTP and click on SUBMIT
- Your Nsfas application has been successfully complete
- +27 (0) 15 963 7000
- Private Bag X2136
- Vhembe TVET College
- Stand No. 203
- Unit A, Sibasa
- Limpopo, South Africa
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
NSFAS is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999) to provide financial support to disadvantaged students who wish to further their studies at public universities or TVET colleges. Hope the information given above has been useful to you. Visit Nsfas‘ official website for more details.