Gert Sibande TVET College Nsfas Application 2023
Gert Sibande TVET College Nsfas Bursary Application 2023
Do you wish to further your education at the Gert Sibande Tvet for the year 2023, are you a citizen of South Africa, do you come from a family with an annual income of about R350,000 or less, then apply for Nsfas. Nsfas is a government body which operates under the watch of DHET, which provides financial support to students in helping them pay for their registration fee, tuition fee, accommodation, learning materials, transportation and more.
It has been a norm among many that colleges and universities are only meant for rich families in society. They say this because some see the cost of paying yourself through a university or college are very high and only the rich can afford it. What they say may be true, but to you who have gained admission to study at the Gert Sibande College, there is a huge hope for you. From the 28th of September 2022, students of Ehlanzeni Tvet College can apply for the Nsfas bursary.
A TVET qualification will equip you with vocational & occupational skills that you will need to find employment in South Africa. Also, it will enable your entrepreneurial potential to start new ventures. South Africa is in shortage of skills in engineering, manufacturing, construction, agriculture, etc. that will build a strong economy; and the TVETs are the vehicle for a new skills revolution. Apply for Nsfas in 2023 and get the chance to study without financial hindrances.
Gert Sibande TVET Nsfas Bursary Application 2023
Start applying for Nsfas from the 28th of September 2022 to the 7th of February 2023. Apply early to be considered for receiving the funds. Applications that will be sent after the application deadline will be denied.
Read: Gert Sibande TVET College Courses 2023
Who Can Apply For Nsfas At Gert Sibande Tvet College
The following are the categories of persons aligned by the department of higher education and training of South Africa to receive the Nsfas funds:
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
Benefits Received By Gert Sibande Tvet College Students From Nsfas
Funds are indicated for accommodation, living allowance, transport and learning materials that need to be aligned with the approved latest DHET guidelines. The following are what the bursary pays for Gert Sibande TVET students:
- Accommodation in an urban area R24,000 per annum
- Accommodation in a peri-urban area R18,900 per annum
- Accommodation in a rural area R15,750 per annum
- Transport (up to 40 km from the institution) R7,350 per annum
- Transport R7000 per annum
- Incidental/personal care allowance R2900 per annum
Requirements Needed To Apply For Nsfas At Gert Sibande Tvet College In 2023
To apply for Nsfas at Gert Sibande Tvet college, applicants are to have the following documents :
- Original copies of Identity Document/Birth Certificate
- Original Academic Results Latest
- Proof of parent’s income (If parent/s employed)
- Death Certificate/s (If parent/s deceased)
- Doctor’s Certificate (If permanently disabled)
Compulsory Documents Needed;
- Consent Form: Download, complete and sign the form
- SA Identity Document: Certified copy ID (not older than 3 months, certified copies of parent/s or guardian ID or Death certificate
- Proof of Income: Only if the non-SASSA recipient
- Persons with Disability: Complete disability form (annexure A)
Gert Sibande TVET Nsfas Bursary Application Process 2023
The step-by-step process provided below will guide you to apply:
- Visit NSFAS’s official website www.nsfas.org.za
- Click on create account to create your myNSFAS account
- Log in and Click the Apply tab
- Fill in your personal required details and upload your supporting documents
- Click on the ‘Submit’ option to complete your application and note your application Reference number after filling in your personal details required.
Click HERE to Apply online
Contact Details Of Gert Sibande Tvet College:
- PO Box 3475
- 18a Beyers Naude Street, Standerton, 2430
- Tel: 017 712 9040
- Fax: 017 712 9050
For general, student and NSFAS Wallet enquiries
- For all other queries regarding students:
- Tel No.: 08000 67327
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical Address
- The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
Nsfas provides financial support for Technical and Vocational Education and Training courses which are vocational or occupational by nature. Meaning that student receives education and training with a view toward a specific range of jobs, employment or entrepreneurial possibilities. Visit Nsfas‘ official website for more details.